Out & About Communications is looking for a Marketing Account Assistant to join our team. This is a part-time position starting at 20 hours a week. We are based in San Diego, but our team works remotely.
As a Marketing Account Assistant, you'll be client facing and work internally with the team. We will depend on you to kick off tasks and keep them rolling, to support the team with day-to-day tasks and to ensure that all of the “i's'' are dotted and “t’s” are crossed before we pass to the client. Wondering if this position is for you? Keep reading.
- Attending client meetings, taking detailed notes, assigning tasks, checking assignments, partnering with the team and communicating with clients is your thing.
- You love the nitty gritty. You cross-check, double check, and ensure the “to do” list is complete. If something is in question, you push back to get clarification.
- Digital checklists and systems excite you. You appreciate pen and paper, but you work quickly navigating project management tools and leveraging platforms like Asana and Google Drive to get the job done.
- You are always looking to learn something new or improve the workflow. You log your lessons learned and communicate opportunities for improvement.
- At the heart of it, you endeavor to ensure everything is taken care of and you’re not slowing down the process. You know that you must take action so projects don’t sit.
- You love a clean inbox. You love a finished checklist. Pushing through the “to dos” energizes you.
- You enjoy catching errors. You take time to cross check.
- You appreciate the creative process and see yourself as a key support to the creative team. You love to play apart in seeing each project come together.
- You’re quick to learn. If you don’t know the answer, you google to find the right solution.
- If it’s unclear to you what needs to happen or if you don’t see the big picture, you ask.
- You have basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and scheduling tools. You aren’t afraid to jump in and make a quick edit or schedule a post.
- Scheduling or posting social posts in real time comes second nature to you.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in marketing, business administration, or communications.
- 1+ years of experience working in a marketing role
- Self-starter who has excellent judgment and efficient work ethic
- Strong organizational skills
- High attention to detail when reviewing documents
- Experience working with diverse clients
General/Special Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working with the C-Suite and senior leadership
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress. Fluency in Google Drive and project management tools required. Asana experience is a plus.
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus.