We are looking for a digital maven to join the Out & About team as the Digital Marketing Assistant. This part-time position will include day-to-day administrative duties, PR research and outreach, scheduling content, updating design files and projects as assigned. To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The idea of working with a creative team — virtually — sounds like an amazing experience to partner and learn from others who love their craft.
- No task is too big or too small. You take initiative to learn new tools and solve problems.
- If handed content and assets, you could go to town creating web pages, blog posts, and email layouts in HubSpot, WordPress, MailChimp or similar tools.
- You know enough about Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop to be dangerous. You can navigate your way around design files to edit and update them. If you have a question, you know Google knows the answer.
- You are passionate about social media. You utilize scheduling tools like CoSchedule, HubSpot and more. When you schedule social posts, you have a keen eye for detail to ensure that there aren’t errors, typos and that the post is timely. You love seeing each post go out and for it to be as optimized as possible.
- If given a task to research the nitty gritty for PR contacts, to uncover award opportunities, or dig into the details -- you dive in. You understand the importance of reliable research, and how it helps to inform decision making.
- You love reaching out to the media and following up to PR opportunities. You keep a clean inbox. Your response time is wicked fast.
- You are inspired by workflow challenges to better enhance the end product. You geek out about automation and integrations. The unknown is welcomed. You are always up to take the initiative and learn something new.
- You can work well under pressure. You get a task that needs an edit to polish it off, and you say “I got it!”
- Bottom line, you’re up for jumping in to learn and get your hands dirty on projects big and small.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in graphic design, marketing or journalism.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with tactical marketing projects from development to execution.
General/Special Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure with strong communication skills.
- High attention to detail when making edits and reviewing documents.
- A self-starter who has a genuine passion for marketing, excellent judgment, and an efficient work ethic.
- Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, social media, scheduling tools, WordPress blog, HubSpot marketing tools, and email marketing tools.
- Fluency in Google Docs and Dropbox.