Out & About Communications is an integrative marketing and communications firm based in San Diego, CA. We are seeking a strategy-focused and team- aligned individual to join as our marketing director. This part-time position will consist of client communications, digital marketing oversight, working across creative departments, and other responsibilities as assigned.
Does This Sound Like You?
- You know the finserv space and can see opportunities as clients share their story and business goals. It’s an exciting challenge to put together their big picture game plan and recommendations to strategically set them up for success.
- You know enough about the traditional creative world of design, content, and inbound marketing, plus demand generation and funnels, to level up against the competition and make integrative recommendations.
- Partnering with the team to develop research, target market profiles, make recommendations, and help shape outcomes based on your finserv knowledge is energizing for you.
- You love complex projects that have never been done before. You can put together outlines and templates to help ensure the team is set up for success.
- It’s a rewarding challenge to present strategic recommendations and the why behind those recommendations. You are comfortable pulling from your finserv industry knowledge to push and pull on the why behind the suggestions.
- You trust the team. You lean in on these experts to help arm you with knowledge. You lean back with your own industry knowledge and ability to poke holes to tighten processes.
- You love working with a team that is truly passionate about its work. You trust your team. You know team members hold themselves accountable to the highest standard, just as you do.
- You look and think 10 steps ahead. You think of and see challenges before others do.
- You are jazzed about working for a small company where your input matters. You will have a direct impact on the success of the company and the clients you serve.
- You truly love digital marketing. You see the power of the work and understand the ins and outs of the tactics, but also love plugging into the 10,000-foot view.
- You aren’t persuaded by strong personalities. You can combat a challenge with confidence and pick your battles to really ensure the best outcome for all. Taking risks is part of your DNA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in marketing, business administration, or communications.
- 5+ years of financial services expertise and experience
- 3+ years of experience developing strategic recommendations for inbound marketing campaigns
- Self-starter who has excellent judgment and efficient work ethic
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- High attention to detail when making edits and reviewing documents
- Experience working with diverse clients
General/Special Knowledge and Skills
- Experience holding brands compliant across digital, content, and visual platforms
- Knowledge about UX/UI and data tools: Google Analytics, Google Keywords, Google Data Studio, A/B testing, heatmaps and more—to make informed decisions
- Experience working with the C-Suite and senior leadership
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and HTML, and email marketing tools. Fluency in Google Docs and project management tools required. Asana experience is a plus.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.